Wednesday, March 23, 2011

China, Day 1

March 4-5th



Highlights from my journal entry:

Jam Fiasco of 2011
I had brought blueberry jam for my host family, and was afraid of it breaking in my suitcase, but unbeknown to me jam is a liquid and I had a moment of panic trying to get the airport employees to find my checked bag. I was in suspense for 19 hours until we landed in Beijing to find out what happened to the blueberry jam. Did they find my suitcase and were they able to fit it? Did they even try to find it, or did they just chuck it?

-watching the plane slowly move over Greenland and Russia, down into China, on the flight plan.

-the airports had smoking rooms. If you thought I was surprised about smoking rooms, imagine my face when I saw beer in the vending machines.


the hotel was pretty ghetto. The shower didn't have a divider and the floor flooded, the sink didn't drain, the floor had a huge black stain, the minibar was full of condoms and the bed was a block of wood. The weird part was the key was the power to all electricity, including heat, so at night it was pitch black and freezing.




Other Photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment